Note: We receive a commission for purchases made through the links on this site. Our sponsors, however, do not influence our editorial content in any way.
- The Good
- Simple to install and use
- Free to use
- Operates in the background of your computer
- Offers great coupons and discounts
- Includes most of the top retailers
- Allows users to compare prices to find the best deal
- The Bad
- Has the occasional glitch
- Sometimes recommends expired coupons
- Low coupon success rate on certain sites
- Mobile app has questionable functionality
What Is Honey?
For those who are yet unfamiliar, Honey is a money-saving app that can be used as an extension on your computer or your mobile phone. Once you have downloaded the extension or the app, you can shop as you normally would. When you come across a site that the app supports, Honey will send you notifications to tell you that coupons are available or that the items can be purchase elsewhere for cheaper. As someone who loves to save money, I have been using the Honey extension for years. However, as we know, no app is perfect.
The Honey app is totally free. You can install the extension and enjoy coupon alerts as well as price comparisons, which makes it much easier for you to find the lowest price for items you shop for. However, Honey also offers a gold program. Users must sign up to access those features and benefits.
- Honey Gold
- Drop List
- Price History
- Amazon Best Price
The Honey app offers the following features:
- Honey Gold: Sign up for a Honey Gold, which is a free rewards program. To sign up, you simply need to enter some basic information, which includes your email address, for communication purposes. This loyalty program allows users to earn gift cards from sites such as Amazon and other massive retailers. This program works by offering cash back (up to 20 percent of your purchase) in the form of points. Once you have earned 1,000 points, they can be redeemed for a $10 gift card.
- Drop List: Another amazing feature Honey offers is a drop list. This feature allows users to add items to a drop list. By adding items to this list, you will be alerted if the price of this item drops.
- Price History: The app also allows users to check the history of how the prices of an item have changed. This allows users to make more informed decisions by deciding whether to buy an item or wait until the price is lowered again.
- Amazon Best Price: No need to worry about purchasing an overpriced item, this feature allows you to compare prices across the web. It also alerts you if an item can be purchased at a lower price from another seller on Amazon.
- Participating Retailers
- Over 5,000 retailers
- J Crew
- Pizza Hut
As mentioned, the Honey app works with most of the major retailers across the country. This includes over 5,000 retailers including Amazon, Nike, J, Crew, Adidas, Target, Sephora, Pizza Hut and many more.
- Getting Cash Back
- Gift cards
As you know, using the Honey App allows users to get cash back. This works via the Honey Gold loyalty program. As mentioned, users must wait until they have accrued at least 1,000 points in order to be able to redeem your points for cash. Once you have earned enough points, you get a gift card from places such as Amazon, Target, Lowe’s, Macy’s, Google Play, Home Depot and more.
Honey: User Reviews
How Does Honey Work?
To use the app or extension, you must first either download it to your computer or phone. You can choose to use the app on its own, or via Facebook or email to gain access to all the app has to offer. As mentioned, Honey is an app that works in the background while you shop on your computer or mobile phone.
Whenever you venture onto a site that is affiliated with the app, you will get notifications that will let you know there are coupons available or that you may be able to get cashback if you are signed up for Honey Gold. Keep in mind that Honey is not offered on all shopping sites. So, if you don’t receive any notifications from the app, they are likely not affiliated with the platform.
If there are coupons available, the Honey app will let you know. You can then choose to try coupons to see which one gives you the lowest price. Also, if you are on sites such as Amazon, you may be alerted to the fact that you can find the item cheaper on another site or that another seller has the item for cheaper.
Is Honey Legitimate?
Although some people seem to be skeptical of apps that help users save money for free, I can tell you firsthand, that the app is 100 percent legit. While it certainly has its issues and glitches, using this app can definitely help you find and use coupons, as well as find the best price for items you are shopping for.
What Makes Honey Stand Out?
The principal thing that makes Honey stand out is how it helps people save money. Not only does it provide you with a list of coupons that can be applied to your cart, but it also allows you to compare prices and save items to see if the price gets lowered.
Common Honey Reviews
Generally speaking, the reviews for the Honey app are relatively good. However, they are somewhat lower on the Google Play Store as opposed to the Apple Store. On Google Play, the overall rating is 3.6, while the overall rating on the Apple Store is 4.7. Either way, the general consensus seems to be that people love the features of the app and that it makes shopping easier and more convenient while allowing them to save money. However, there have been some glitches reported. For instance, some state that they have issues getting the extension to work on certain sites, and there are many reviews on the android app that state the app is constantly experiencing technical issues.
Is Honey for Me?
As with all risks that include and collect your personal details, there is a risk of hacking and other cyber issues. However, I would say that this app is great for anyone who uses other similar apps, as this app is as secure as all comparable apps. Moreover, while it may take some patients in terms of technical glitches, expired coupons, etc., it is totally worth using. It helps you save money and also offers cashback to anyone who signs up for Honey Gold.
Honey: Comments 0 Comments
No comments yet.