Note: We receive a commission for purchases made through the links on this site. Our sponsors, however, do not influence our editorial content in any way.
- The Good
- Simple to use
- Offers rebates on an array of products
- Low threshold for cashing out
- Plenty of bonus offers available
- Earn up to $20 just for signing up
- The Bad
- Local stores are often not included
- Cash back is not as high as other money-saving platforms
- Some purchases require you to upload receipts to get rewards
- Specific size or product must be purchased to earn rewards
What is iBotta?
In case you haven’t heard, iBotta is a relatively new app that offers you cash back for making everyday purchases. These purchases can include everything from grocery items to cleaning supplies and much more. Using this app, shoppers can earn cash back by doing things such as purchasing specific products or performing effortless tasks on the app.
The cost of the iBotta cash back app is absolutely free. Users simply download the app to their tablets or mobile phones or add the extension to their computers to start saving money. Just provide some simple details to sign up and you’re ready to roll. I like to use this app to purchase specific products as they are known for offering iBotta coupons for certain products repeatedly.
- Sign-Up Bonus
- Bonus Offers
- Teamwork Offers
In terms of the features offered by iBotta, they are as follows:
- Sign-Up Bonus: One amazing feature of using iBotta is that they offer a sign-up bonus. Users can earn anywhere from $10 to $20 just for signing up. However, you must be sure to log in and complete any requested tasks before you are able to collect your signing bonus.
- Cash Back: iBotta also allows users to get discounts and cash back on a wide variety of products.
- Bonus Offers: iBotta offers an array of bonus offers. These bonus offers change over time and can be found at the top of the screen when using the app. To get the offer, you just tap on the offer when it is presented on the screen. These bonus offers typically provide you with extra cash back in exchange for redeeming an offer within a specified amount of time.
- Teamwork Offers: One really cool feature iBotta offers is the teamwork feature. On iBotta, your “team” consists of those who joined iBotta by using your referral link. This also includes your Facebook friends who are connected to you on the app. The larger your team is, the faster you get teamwork offers. These offers are usually available for an entire month.
- Referrals: Speaking of referrals, you can also get paid for referring others to the app. In particular, you earn $5 for every person who joins the app using your referral link. To send out referrals, you simply need to select “Account” and “Invite Friends.” From there, you will be able to send invitations via Twitter or Facebook. Alternatively, you can give out your referral code to those who are not active on either of these social media platforms.
- Participating Retailers
- Whole Foods Market
- Under Armour
- Rite Aid
- And Much More
As mentioned, iBotta works with a wide variety of major retailers. However, local retailers are harder to come by on this app. Either way, this app works with various retailers, convenience stores, movie theaters, pharmacies, and home improvement stores nationwide such as the ones listed above.
iBotta: User Reviews
How Does iBotta Work?
iBotta works as stated. Users download the app or add the extension to your computer. From there, you can either earn cash online or use the special offers to get cash back from shopping in the store. Once your cash back has reached at least $20, you can request your funds via PayPal or Venmo, or you can request a gift card.
When it comes to getting your cash back with iBotta, the process is relatively straightforward. You can earn iBotta cash back in the following ways:
- Accepting offers on products purchased in-store
- Making purchases online
- Using gift cards
To earn cash back by making purchases in the store, you simply hop on the app, find the store you’ll be visiting, and check out the available offers. To add the offers, simply tap the blue plus sign. Once you have finished shopping, tap “redeem” on the home screen. There, you can upload a screenshot of your receipt as proof of purchase.
When it comes to making purchases online, you can tap “grocery pick up or delivery” on the home screen. This will allow you to browse through hundreds of offers for online purchases. You can then shop on the sites by clicking the links on the app. Alternatively, if you are using a computer, you must make sure you have the iBotta extension installed. From there, the iBotta extension will automatically pop up when you are shopping on a site that is included in its list of retailers. You then need to click “activate” to ensure the app is tracking your cash back.
Lastly, to earn cash back with gift cards, you need to pay directly from the app and get instant cash back from over 50 stores and restaurants affiliated with the app. To purchase gift cards, add a method of payment to the app. From there, you can purchase gift cards and make purchases to earn cash back on the app.
Is iBotta Legitimate?
Cash back apps always sound too good to be true, but this app is definitely legitimate. I have personally used this app, and I did get my cash back as promised.
What Makes iBotta Stand Out?
The main things that make iBotta stand out are that it has a relatively low threshold for payouts and it allows you to use gift cards to purchase goods directly from the app.
Common iBotta Reviews
The iBotta app has great reviews across the board. The average rating on Google Play is 4.4 stars, The average rating on the Apple App Store is 4.8 stars. Despite a few glitches (which seems to be common among money-saving apps), most people say they love the app and receive their cash back regularly.
Is iBotta for Me?
If you enjoy making purchases online or by going to the store and don’t mind using an app to save money, iBotta may be perfect for you. However, if you don’t have a lot of patience or get easily frustrated when apps have an occasional glitch, you may be better off trying a different type of money-saving platform.