Note: We receive a commission for purchases made through the links on this site. Our sponsors, however, do not influence our editorial content in any way.
If you’re wondering about where to buy tickets to shows, sporting events or concerts, for sporting events, concerts or shows, you can try third-party ticket services like SeatGeek, StubHub, TicketCity, or Seatwave.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, CA, StubHub is an online ticket exchange website owned by eBay. StubHub’s website is stubhub.com.
Check StubHub if TicketMaster is sold out. You might find single or group seats and you might be able to print tickets from home.
There were a few incidents where people bought tickets through StubHub for sold-out venues. They arrived at the venue and found out their tickets were fake. StubHub issued refunds or tried to find available seats.
StubHub’s guarantee includes:
- You will get valid tickets or a refund.
- They will try to find replacement tickets if there’s a problem.
- You’ll receive a full refund if events are canceled or if they’re not rescheduled.
TicketCity was founded in 1990 and is based out of Austin, TX. Their website is ticketcity.com.
In 2008, the Attorney General brought charges against TicketCity for deceptive trade practices. They sold the Beijing Summer Olympic Games tickets and didn’t deliver on their 200% refund policy. But, in 2015 when high demand led to brokers not being able to fulfill ticket orders, TicketCity issued full refunds and an extra $2,000 to customers.
TicketCity’s guarantee includes:
- Tickets are authentic and delivery is on time.
- Customer service is available 7-days a week
- You can receive a refund if the event is canceled or isn’t rescheduled.
- They use 256-bit encryption.
SeatGeek has been in business since 2009 and is based out of New York, NY. Their website is seatgeek.com.
- Ease-of-use on mobile devices.
- View color-coded maps and completed purchases.
- Print tickets or use electronic tickets.
SeatGeek guarantees tickets will be delivered on time and are valid. The exact number of tickets will arrive or you will receive better tickets or a refund.
Seatwave was founded in 2006 and is based out London, UK. Their website is seatwave.com. To cut down on “football hooliganism”, the UK abolished football ticket resales. They are only permitted directly by the actual venue.
Seatwave’s TicketIntegrity Guarantees
Seatwave’s guarantee includes:
- Tickets will arrive on time.
- Tickets will be valid.
- If there’s a problem ticket agents will help with replacements at no extra cost or they’ll issue a full refund.
Guaranteeing refunds helps when shopping for tickets. To confirm your seats, contact the box office. And lastly, only pay for tickets with major credit cards or PayPal if there’s any problem.
Comments 0 Comments
No comments yet.