Note: We receive a commission for purchases made through the links on this site. Our sponsors, however, do not influence our editorial content in any way.
- The Good
- A total Boost sole cushion makes for serious comfort even during lateral movements.
- The flexible TPU cage around the sole allows for natural movement without tearing the upper.
- Exceptional traction makes this shoe an excellent choice for stopping power.
- The Bad
- Anatomical lacing system can loosen quickly and frequently.
- It wears out quickly with regular use.
Although you may not be wearing it long, the Adidas Crazy Explosive is one of the best basketball shoes on the market. Superior comfort and performance make it a crazy good choice for the indoor court, though the lack of durability means you should probably never lace them up when playing outdoors.
At $150 retail, the Adidas Crazy Explosive is the second most expensive option in their basketball lineup. Of course, you often get what you pay for, and the Crazy Explosive is no exception.
- A coral-based traction design makes it easy to stop without any telltale squeaking.
- A full sole Boost system gives you added spring and cushion, even at the ball of your foot.
- A full interior booty hugs the foot and gives a good lockdown, even with a less extensive lacing system.
- The wide base makes these surprisingly narrow shoes seriously stable.
Few performance basketball shoes feel great from the moment you put them on, but the Crazy Explosive does. It laces up quickly and offers a great fit, almost from the moment you try it on.
- Materials Used
- The TPU outsole extends onto the upper to add durability and stability to the shoe.
- Primeknit or nylon mesh make up the shoe upper.
- While possibly not the best-looking shoe on the market (it all depends on your aesthetic), the Crazy Explosive is definitely one of the highest performing.
Primeknit or mesh, both options offer exceptional performance, though the mesh is a bit more breathable. The Primeknit option allows for more flexible control, while the mesh upper adds breathability and gets more stability from the TPU outsole.
- Quality Grade
When a shoe manages to offer top-of-the-line traction, serious comfort and boost, an excellent fit, and real stability, it deserves a top grade. The only reason to give the Crazy Explosive less than a perfect score is the durability issues. You might find the sole starts peeling pretty quickly.
Adidas Crazy Explosive Shoe: User Reviews
How Does the Adidas Crazy Explosive Work?
With some basketball shoes, you really have to break them in for comfort while playing. Others require esoteric lacing techniques and a lot of trial and error to get a good fit. With the Crazy Explosive, it’s a really simple, easy on and go. You put on the shoes, lace them up and start playing. The break-in period is minimal, and you’ll feel the spring from the moment you start to dribble. The added support from the TPU outsole improves lateral movement and stability. The one area where you might want to reach for an external product is for ankle support. There isn’t much in the shoe, so an ankle brace might be a needed add-on.
What Makes the Adidas Crazy Explosive Stand Out?
Several things make the Crazy Explosive one of the top basketball shoes on the market. Serious cushion makes them comfortable on even the most demanding moves across the court. The full sole Boost system gives a lot of added spring at the heel and just enough at the forefoot to minimize discomfort. The coral-patterned traction design offers serious stopping power, even on a dusty or dirty court. The wide spaces help you keep your footing through repeated plays. You won’t need to stop and wipe them every few minutes to keep playing hard.
Common Reviews of Adidas Crazy Explosive
Reviewers often talk about the traction of the Crazy Explosive and the sheer comfort of wearing the shoe. After all, the near-instant break-in time means that these shoes are one of the few pairs on the market that are pretty much wear and go. Not only do these shoes score well from review sites, they also have a solid rating from buyers. With five out of five stars on retail sites, it’s easy to see that the Crazy Explosive is a top contender as one of the best basketball shoes on the market.
Is Adidas Crazy Explosive for Me?
Basketball lovers consistently rank the Crazy Explosive as a top shoe for on the court. If you enjoy playing the game and spend hours on the court, the Crazy Explosive is a sure shoe to try. However, it isn’t the most durable option out there, so if you enjoy playing on outdoor courts, you’ll want to find a different shoe. On indoor courts, the Crazy Explosive outperforms a lot of the competition. If you want a shoe that tops out on performance and you’re prepared to replace it regularly, the Crazy Explosive might the shoe for you. If you need something that will last a bit longer, you’ll want to try some more durable options.